Wednesday, September 5, 2012

keep doing good

Galatians 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 1st Peter 3:17    For it is better, if it is God’s will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.


Tonight I had a realization.  I was feeling discouraged because I struggle with anxiety. I'm sure you can relate. But I just thought to myself, "why do I still feel so anxious when I believe in God? Shouldn't I be anxiety free because of my faith?" I think many of us think  when we turn our lives over to God, then suddenly our life will just be good with no suffering, otherwise whats the difference whether or not we do good, if we don't reap the benefits of  the good we are doing? The truth is, we do reap the benefits. Even though we suffer in life, whether we do good or evil. If we do good, and continue to steadfastly do good, we reap a harvest.  A harvest of good fruit; changed lives, better communities, healthy families, a healthy sense of self.... the list goes on.  So even though there is no remedy for suffering, continue to do good. It's worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment