Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Happy Birthday too me!

Hebrews 11:1   Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
I want to write about faith because lately mine has really been tested. I know that I'm not the only one. You may feel the same way right now.  I am about to turn 33 and every year since I turned 29 I freak out right before my birthday.  I start looking at all things I've been waiting to happen in my life. All the promises that I know God has whispered in my ear that have not been fullfilled yet.  The angst of this tension brings me to feel the need to hurry God's plan along. This leads to a lot of anxiety and rediculousness. This began to come upon me this year all over again, so one of my friends called me out on it.  She was like, "Jenny, you have this circular pattern in your life, why don't you just try something different this year? See what it's like to not freak out, but instead look at how far you HAVE come and celebrate who you are and where you are going." This sounds like a no duh, but it's really quite a revelation for me to absorb.  I'm heeding her advice.   I am learning that there is a begining, middle, and fullfillment of God's promises. The middle season is the hardest part to endure. The middle is where doubt and fear creep in. And questions like, is this really ever going to happen? When this fear and doubt creeps in we start to feel the need to make our hearts desires happen "MY WAY." Something I've noticed when I make things happen "my way", I end up on the dark side. Not fun. And then I make my way back to the light where I belong.  The truth is the middle season is what prepares us for the promise. The middle season is where we become a person who can handle God's best plan for us. We don't just passively wait, we actively wait. Participating in the process that leads to all the good stuff of life.  I have made a strong choice to wait on God's best, to stay in the light and to celebrate how far I've come!!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm so glad someone gave you that proverbial thump on the head, because I've been praying for you all week NOT to have your pre-birthday freakout moment! *grin*hug* God's plan, JLA, remember that... God's plan, God's time. See you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear!!! see you saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete