Miss Wheelchair Washington
Potential, opportunity, advocacy, favor, beauty, growth, connection, purpose, vision
What is the vision for being Ms. Wheelchair Washington?
· To shine!
· To have more opportunities to grow my business
· To spread the message of SHIFT
· To use the arts to build self-esteem
What is SHIFT?
· Motivational speaking business which bears the message of “The Power of Words.” Our words and action are powerful to build up a life or tear it down, to include or exclude.
· Our weaknesses may be what we are self-conscious of, but our weaknesses are the very thing that shines in the world.
· People think that having no arms and legs is an impertinence that it is something that needs to be fixed, but it’s not. It’s a gift to inspire others to pursue their full potential. If I can live a full life, you can.
· I have fought hard to know who I am and sought hard. Many people have encouraged me. I have had the wonderful privilege to find the gem of my identity. I want to help others discover the gem of who they are, whether able bodied or disabled.
What is my message?
· There is something really amazing worth finding beyond our limitations
· SHIFT peoples mindsets to see the power of inclusion
· Give everyone who wants to shine, a chance to shine
· Words have the power of life and death, to build up or tear down
· Experience with the power of words in my life
· Starting SHIFT
· Vision of SHIFT
· What I would do as Ms. Wheelchair WA