Monday, January 28, 2013

Revelation

I had a revelation about revelation today! lol  As I have been preparing for the Ms. Wheelchair Washington pageant, I have gotten a version of writers block. What should I say in my interview? What is my message? How do I tell my story?  This weekend I spent time with two amazing sisters in Christ. You know who you are ; ) Just dialoging with them propelled my vision forward more than 10 brainstorming sessions ever could.  As I shared my heart and story with them, they began to speak into  my life. "You're story is powerful." "Your business is called SHIFT for a reason, you SHIFT peoples minds and hearts. You challenge people to think differently about people and limitations."  As they spoke these words it's like the sky of possibilities opened up over me.  I began to connect with the message of my life, the story that is being told through me.  We all have a story that is being told through our lives. What's yours? Revelation is simply SEEING the big picture of who God is and who we are created to be.  When we first come to Christ we see a sliver of the big picture, we see our need for love and we see His love and grace that meets our brokeness. As we walk with Him we begin to see our original identity and purpose.  After walking with Him a while we start to see His power working through our life and changing other's lives. And then we see all the possibilities our life holds to change the world.  A good church ministry should foster this journey of revelation of self identity and purpose.  I'm thankful to have a church, and amazing friends who have helped me discover my identity and purpose.  I hope you will find the same for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment