Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Shedding skin

All of us have done things we are not proud of. All of us have been or currently are a version of ourselves that we don't like. Shame is a part of being human, we all fall short. 6 months ago I was in a very dark place. But just today I was thinking, "I like who I am." Getting to a place where I can say that has taken a lot of wars won by truth and a decision to let God win. Acts 3:19 "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord."  Repentence is such a gift. It is refreshing. It's like a snake shedding its skin, becoming new. I'm sure snakes never look back on the skin they sloughed off and say, "I want to carry my dead skin around with me." No they leave it behind and shine with newness. So should you!! We are taken from glory, to glory, to glory, with every yes we say to God. Yes, I will face my fears. Yes, I will obey you! Every time we say yes, and repent of an unsavory mindset, or lifestyle, or attitude, we sluff off the grime and filth and "dead skin", and we get shinier and newer. And we then become a version of ourselves that we like very much!!! Shine on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment