Thursday, August 23, 2012

Offerings

I am entering a season of transition, which I feel happens every Fall. Everything changes! Summer is my favorite time of year. I wish it would never end, but inevitably it will.  As will the seasons of my life which transition into new seasons.  I have very little to complain about. I have a beautiful home and a lovely roommate, a church family, and dear friends. But I struggle with anxiety and change surfaces it. I'm sure many of you can relate.  Right now I can't sleep, it eludes me because I have so much on my mind.  This next step in  life is huge. I am planning on marketing my Motivational Speaking business, SHIFT, and getting a modified van, coming up very soon. These are dreams I have had since middle school, and they are coming true. But not with out a cost. I love the verse at the very end of 1st Samuel. David says of his burnt offering. "I will pay for my burnt offering, for I will not give an offering to the Lord that cost me nothing."  Exactly. Every offering of our life to God has a cost. But it is so worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment