Monday, August 27, 2012

Just believe

I think sometimes when we are waiting for something to happen in our lives, it is easy to get caught up in, am I doing enough? I love the verse John 6:29 29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” The context of this verse is that Jesus had just fed the 5,000 the miracle bread and they were coming to ask for more. So He tells them to work for eternal bread, instead of bread that goes moldy. They then ask, "how can we do the work for eternal bread?" and He says,  “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”  This strikes me deeply. Often times, with having a physical disability, I can struggle with feeling like I'm not "doing" enough, or "working" enough. But if the work of God is to believe, I can do that. Anyone can do that!!! Believing in Jesus Christ is the wind in our sails to DO great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment