Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Building your wings

This season has been very restful.  I've had ample time to spend skateboarding at the waterfront  and meditate.  I've also had moments where I feel really antsy and fear that my life is moving too slow.  The other day I had an aha moment.  Sometimes in our desire for something to happen in our life we abandon prayer, patience and waiting on Gods timing and we take life into our own hands.  From my experience the fruit that I produce out of impatience is inferior to the fruit that is produced from Gods perfect will.  God has heavenly treasures in His design prepared for us.  Everything we desire in our hearts has an answer in perfect design in heaven.  I spent time with a dear sister in Christ today and expressed to her my urgency for the things that I want to happen in my life and she expressed the same sentiments.  We prayed with each other and while in prayer I saw a picture of a pair of huge wings and God's hand was meticulously placing each feather to create the wings.  I shared this with my sister and we both started laughing joyously. In this season that it seems that very little is happening God is building our wings.  One day we will soar high above the place we are now. 
 Isaiah 40:31 "Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

No comments:

Post a Comment