Monday, May 19, 2014

Living Waters

This year as Ms. Wheelchair America has not only opened doors of opportunity for the Ms. Wheelchair America Foundation, but it has also opened doors for my motivational speaking business, SHIFT.  Recently, I have had many business opportunities.  This is such a blessing! Yet as all fledgling businesses I am facing gains and losses.  Entrepreneurship takes guts and a willingness to take calculated risks.  Sometimes as I've taken these calculated risks, a deep anxiety sets in. Anxiety that the risks were to risky and I might come out in the negative.   As I have brought these anxieties to the Lord in prayer I heard His voice of wisdom say "Don't try to come out ahead by what you can dig up, instead receive what I pour down."  So I started praying prayers that God would pour down blessing on my business and the opportunities ahead.  Today I was walking in the park and was watching the ducks in the pond.  The ducks were leisurely swimming and I started to notice that they were drinking the water, bathing in the water and digging up grub in the water.  All of their needs are immediately met in the water.  John 7:38 says "Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” As we jump into the water of the Spirit, fully trusting God, He will direct the current.  And within the water we are cleansed, and provided for in every way.  And within the water is joy because where there is water there is splashing, swimming, surfing and horse play! 

No comments:

Post a Comment