Tuesday, January 15, 2013

You were born to shine!

I don't mean to sound like a Debbie downer, but these past holidays were hard. As everything has started to go back to a normal routine after the holidays I feel like parts of my soul are unthawing. Now I am looking forward to all the opportunities 2013 holds.  I have some amazing opportunities coming up. More speaking engagements and I'm running for Ms. Wheelchair Washington in March.  One of the parables Jesus told was the parable of the talents. The jist of it is, don't hide your talents in the ground.  Lately, I have felt a frustration in my soul, a yearning to be less hidden. To shine! Even a dear friend recently said, "Jenny, you've been hidden, and it's time for the world to see all that you are."  I agree! In fact, I need to shine.  It is a mandate from God that our light shine before all men! It is written on our hearts by our creator that we should be seen, and if we are not, something inside of us is left wanting. This year I will press into more opporunities to unveil my talents. Will you join me? Because you need to shine too!

No comments:

Post a Comment