Monday, October 15, 2012

Jump off the merry-go-round

Lately I have been recognizing some deep seeded issues of rejection in my life. I know every human struggles with rejection, but for a long time, I've been letting it win. There came a point recently where I realized "this is holding me back, from eveything God has for me."  The pain of actual past rejection and the fear of anticipated rejection is keeping me stuck. Rejection is a wall that seperates you from true community.  It takes humility, forgiveness and bravery to push through it and love your fellow man.  I see rejection as a merry-go-round, at first it seems comforting, the round and round and round motion, but after a while you just want to either jump off, or barf .Also, the longer you stay on a merry-go-round, the faster it starts to spin.  It takes guts to jump off a fast spinning merry-go-round, and who can rescue someone from one.  So you have a choice, stay where there is no risk and spin round and round, or JUMP! My choice is to jump. I am going to do and say, all the things I have been holding back that have kept me from being an effective member of my community! I can't wait to see what will happen! Will you jump?

No comments:

Post a Comment